MomBoss Chat: What We Wished We Knew Before Starting Our Businesses #69
Have you ever wondered what you would tell your younger self if given the opportunity?
If only you could go back and prepare for the challenges ahead.
Maybe there are a few things you wish you knew before starting a business. So, in this third episode of our MomBoss Chat we spoke to Diana Lai, Founder of Bunny Lashes and Jasmine Chua, Founder & Interior Designer of Frosh Design Studio on what they wish they knew before getting started.
What we covered in the chat:
- What would you tell your younger self before starting a business
- Their biggest mindset shifts after being an entrepreneur
- The biggest myth of entrepreneurship
Key takeaways from the chat:
- Entrepreneurship is a learn-as-you-go world. Start small and gain experience as you go. You will be surprised how much you can learn on the way and how many opportunities there are for improvement.
- As an entrepreneur, you will face tons of rejections. Focus on the positive, keep going and do your best, and eventually you will succeed.
- A good entrepreneur learns from his/her mistakes and reviews feedback from others. When you listen to constructive criticism, you improve yourself as a person and business owner.
- Being an entrepreneur does not mean that you can just sit back and relax. Entrepreneurship is about freedom to manage your time and hold yourself accountable for making your goals happen.
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me @thechillmom.
About MomBoss Chat
MomBoss Chat is a conversation led by Michelle Hon and MomBoss Academy students who share their personal stories, experiences and tips.
It provides uncensored insight into the realities of moms building a business while raising a family.
If you're looking for coaching and support in your business journey, Momentum is the best place to get access to me!
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the podcast!
Please subscribe if you don't want to miss any future episode or you can get the world’s best mompreneurship inspiration, motivation, and advice delivered straight to your inbox at https://www.momboss.academy
➳ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thechillmom
➳ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thechillmom
➳ Contact: [email protected]
9 years ago, Michelle Hon started a blog from home and turned it into a more than half a million dollar revenue business.
Today, she's an author, speaker, business coach, investor and she's leading 5 businesses, from F&B, publishing, digital marketing to education. Michelle’s blog has generated more than 3 million views, and hundreds of students have completed her business growth online courses and videos. Her story has been featured on Channel News Asia, Lifetime Asia, The Asian Money, Parenting World and more. In 2019, Zine named her one of the Top 10 Mom Influencers in the World.